Please read these terms and conditions carefully. A reference to sdn.sg shall include but is not limited to all its pages, information, text, images, links, sound, graphics and video sequences displayed herein (referred hereafter as "information"). By accessing sdn.sg and any pages thereof, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions below, do not access sdn.sg or any pages thereof.
Any reference to SDN shall be read as referring to the Government of the Republic of Singapore.
SDN wants you to be comfortable when using sdn.sg, so we would like you to be clear on your rights and responsibilities there. For a start, these Terms and Conditions let you know what you can and can't do with our services, and what happens if you do something that you were told not to do.
On our end, we will try our best to make sure that our services offered on sdn.sg are available to you, but we can't help it if the system is affected by things we cannot control, for example, faults in Wi-Fi networks. We also like you to know that to keep sdn.sg in good running condition, we may need to upgrade and maintain it. We will, if circumstances permit, give notice to you of disruptions to our services (e.g. chat functions on sdn.sg).
We do not make any warranty or representation that your use of, or access to, sdn.sg will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, free from virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programme or macro, free from transmission errors or otherwise error-free, or that there will not be any defects or deficiencies in our website. We also do not make any warranty or representation as regards the security of sdn.sg and its contents, the access to or use of your information captured in or made available through sdn.sg or the accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability of any information contained in, made available by or exchanged through sdn.sg. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality and/or fitness for a particular purpose, is given with sdn.sg.
We reserve the right to, in our sole discretion, remove anything posted on sdn.sg. Our decision to remove anything posted on sdn.sg shall be final. We are under no obligation to communicate any such decision or the reasons for the decision to anyone.
We shall not be liable regardless of the form of action for any damages, losses, compensation, expenses, or costs whatsoever (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential and whether foreseeable or not) arising out of or in connection with or referable to sdn.sg or your use of/ access to sdn.sg or any use of/ access to any other websites linked to sdn.sg. Without prejudice to the foregoing, we shall not be liable or responsible in any way for the conduct, actions or omissions of any person who accesses or uses sdn.sg or obtains any information about you directly or indirectly through sdn.sg.
We reserve the right to review and amend any of the terms, conditions, disclaimers, exclusions or policy statements below at any time in our sole discretion without any notice to you. We further reserve the right to publish any other terms, conditions, disclaimers, exclusions or policy statements on sdn.sg. Any amendment, modification or addition shall take effect on the date specified by us. In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions below and such other terms, conditions, disclaimers, exclusions or policy statements, we have the right to decide which (or any part thereof) will prevail and/or exclude the application of any of them (or any part thereof). Any decision of ours under this clause shall be final and conclusive and binding on you.
Our policies are not static and may change as sdn.sg develops and grows, so please re-visit this page as often as you wish to update yourself.
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs") shall apply to your status as an sdn.sg website account user. This shall form a legally binding contract between you and the Government of the Republic of Singapore, as represented by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (“MSF").
SDN.SG WEBSITE ACCOUNT
1. Only Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are single, and at least 20 years of age, can apply for an sdn.sg website account.
2. Your application will be approved only upon verification of your marital status and any other screening processes that MSF deems fit to maintain its integrity. If you are separated from your spouse or if your final divorce/annulment papers are not available at the time of application, your application will be rejected.
3. All photographs and documents sent to us are non-returnable.
4. All information given will be treated as strictly confidential.
5. MSF reserves the right not to accept your application.
6. You must not post or otherwise communicate any message, comment, statement or material which is offensive, objectionable, disparaging, defamatory or illegal.
7. MSF reserves the right to terminate your sdn.sg website account if the situation warrants it, without prior notice and without the need to give any reasons.
8. By signing up to be an sdn.sg website account user, you agree to receive future communications from MSF on our advertising, marketing and from our promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of SDN's campaigns and promotions.
Use of Data
9. If you provide us with personal data:
a) Where appropriate, we may share necessary data with other Government Agencies, so as to improve the discharge of public functions, and to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
b) We may share your personal data with non-Government entities that have been authorised to carry out specific Government services. We will NOT share your personal data with other non-Government entities without your consent except where such sharing complies with the law
10. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
11. This digital service may contain links to non-Government digital services whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other digital services and we encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those digital services.
COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS
12. You shall comply with all applicable laws, codes, measures, directions, guidelines, conditions and advisories ("Requirements"), including all prevailing and applicable safe distancing and other COVID-19 outbreak-related Requirements (if any) when attending programmes featured on the sdn.sg website.
CONSEQUENCES OF PROVIDING FALSE INFORMATION
13. You acknowledge and understand that the provision of any false and misleading information or any false or inaccurate declaration made may render you liable for criminal prosecution, including (where relevant) under the Penal Code 1871.