(With effect from 1 April 2014)
The Partner Connection Fund is an enabler fund that helps jumpstart the dating industry
by encouraging new entrants and supporting players in their efforts to upgrade and
About The Partner Connection Fund
The Partner Connection Fund will fund up to 80% of the costs incurred for approved
projects, subject to a cap of $50,000, based on a co-payment principle.
The Fund is open to:
- Any company, regardless of size, that wants to embark on new services or activities
that provide gender balanced social interaction opportunities to singles;
- Existing local dating agencies that wish to upgrade or diversify their businesses
- Aspiring local entrepreneurs who wish to set up dating agencies; and
- Companies established in other businesses that wish to venture into the dating business.
Successful applicants are committed to:
- Engage in and offer matchmaking and/or dating services which target and involve
mainly local resident singles1;
- Screen all clients against ROM/ROMM records regularly; and
- Be accredited by SDN/MSF. Project and accreditation must take place within the contractual
period of 15 months2.
- For accredited agencies who are seeking funding, the project will have to be completed
as per agreed proposal and to fulfil agreed KPIs up to 2 years from the date of
Successful applicants can use the Fund in the following areas:
- Information Technology (IT), Matchmaking or Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Consultancy services on branding/marketing, intellectual property management, business
strategy/process, market research;
- Strategic marketing campaigns (for existing SDNTrust Accredited Dating Agencies
and limited to 1 application per annum); and
- Training costs for WSQ courses and approved training courses relevant to the industry.
Training fund is only applicable to certified Dating Practitioners who are in current
employment with an SDNTrust Accredited Agency for at least 4 months on a full time
or part time basis.
The fund will fund up to 50% of the course fee, subjected to a cap of $400/applicant
each year, based on co-payment principle.
Proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Business and marketing strategy;
- Sustainability (in terms of breakeven and number of marriages/matches);
- Clear deliverables (e.g., increase usage of service and number of successful matches);
- Creativity and innovation; and
- Management competence (in terms of manpower and expertise).
For enquiries and application, please email MSF_SDN@msf.gov.sg
Connection Fund Application Form
Partner Connection Fund Application Form - Training (only applicable to existing
SDNTrust Accredited Agencies)
1Minimum of 80% of agency database should
comprise Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents and maximum 20% of database
can comprise Employment-Pass Holders.
2Under the rules of the Fund, the final 20%
of the approved funding will only be disbursed upon successful attainment of the